Saturday 8 December 2012

GRADIENT SUMMER NAILS, OKUUR?


So these are the nails that I sported this summer whilst I was at a music festival with my boyfriend. I call this the 'Gradient Summer Nails', which is obvious enough LOL but yeah, I really liked this nails, they made my hands look really bright and pretty and it went with a lot of my summer clothes, so here is how I made these nails, okurr?

I'm going to do this in steps so it is easier to follow. (There is a image below of the stuffs I used and stuffs)

Step 1. To do them exactly like mine, the colours you need are lilac, pink, orange and yellow.
Step 2: Paint your nails one coat of white nail polish so the colours are bolder and brighter, you can also use a base coat under the white coat if you want to protect your nail.
Step 3. Get a triangular make-up sponge and paint a line of each of the nail varnishes on the sponge in the order that you want them to appear on your nail, so I did lilac, pink orange and then yellow at the bottom.
Step 4. Press the sponge on your nail to print the design onto your nail, MAKE SURE THE NAIL VARNISH DOESN'T DRY ON THE SPONGE BEFORE YOU PRINT IT ON YOUR NAIL BECAUSE IT WON'T WORK.
Step 5: Do it on all of your fingers and once you've done it, make sure your nails aren't dry yet and then apple a top coat onto your nails. You should see that the colours blend in better and it looks more like a gradient.
Step 6: You'll probably get some excess nail varnish on your fingers, just get a cotton bud or a q-tip, dip it into nail varnish remover and simply clean it off and then your fingers should look cleaner.
Step 7: Wait for it to dry, then VOILA!

Take a picture and post it to me in the comments below!



No comments:

Post a Comment